What are tacos al pastor or tacos de trompo?
Tacos al Pastor is one of the most famous Mexican delicacies in the world. It is one of the most requested dishes in Mexican fast food. Its popularity lies in its ingredients’ quality, the marinade’s magical flavor, and the combination of spices. Among the most common ingredients is the achiote paste, with which we marinate the meat. This gives a characteristic red color to the dish. In addition to vinegar, red chili, and pineapple, among other spices that give it a unique and spectacular flavor, pineapple is among its essential ingredients, giving it a sweet touch that combines perfectly with this exquisite delicacy. The dish is served with onion, cilantro, lemon, and sauce from the cooking.
Its origin is not from Mexico but in Lebanon, in the Middle East. It is a fusion of a dish with Arab roots and Mexican cultural elements. Lebanese immigrants introduced the dish to Mexico in the mid-20th century. Tacos al Pastor comes from the shawarma, a plate where the meats are placed and grilled vertically over charcoal.
What do you put on tacos al Pastor?
Tacos al Pastor recipe easy
Tacos al Pastor ingredients
1 pound of pork loin.
½ cup of vinegar.
2 tablespoons of achiote powder.
1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
3 garlic cloves.
1 fresh pineapple cut into pieces.
3 bay leaves.
1 teaspoon of oregano.
Salt and pepper.
1 diced onion.
1 sliced onion.
½ bunch of coriander finely chopped.
½ cup of water.
What is the secret?
The most important element of this dish is the sauce, and it is the first thing to be prepared. The result will depend on the quality of it. Some ingredients may vary, such as chili or another that is not to your liking due to its flavor. But neither the achiote nor the pineapple should be missing since one gives the dish an intense red color and the other a touch of sweet flavor that makes it very delicious.
1. First, we place the following ingredients in the blender: oregano, chilies, 100 gr. of pineapple, chopped onion, garlic, bay leaves, tomatoes, vinegar, water, achiote, 2 teaspoons of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Beat until the mixture is uniform and smooth.
2. Second, we place the meat in a container where You can marinate it. Then pour and rub the mixture over the meat until it is well impregnated. It is left to stand, preferably for 4 to 24 hours. Everything will depend on your time and the urgency of preparing the dish. The longer the meat is in the marinade, the better it will taste in the result.
3. Once the time has elapsed, place the meat in a deep container along with the marinade sauce. With the oven very hot, we will bake for 2 hours over medium heat.
4. Once the meat is cooked, let it rest for 15 minutes and chop it into fine strips. All that chopped meat is placed on a tray, and the sauce with which it was baked is poured.
5. On the other hand, we heat the corn tortillas to place the meat inside.
6. To give this delicious dish a memorable ending, we will chop 2 ripe tomatoes into cubes. We also add sliced onion and finely chopped cilantro accompanied by guacamole, if you prefer.
Guacamole and Cheese?
Tacos al Pastor can accompany any food of your choice. Here are some options that will make your dish more interesting:
1- Rice with beans is an excellent option to attend and savor the authentic Mexican style with tacos.
2- Vegetables and salads: You can enjoy a variety of vegetables, such as a bean salad or Mexican coleslaw with tomatoes and lettuce. You can also add zucchini, corn, chili, and melted cheese.
3- French fries are an ideal accompaniment with mustard and ketchup. 4- 4- Add them to the tacos inside if you want.
5- Guacamole, melted cheese, and a fruit sauce such as pineapple or mango are also served as accompaniments.
6- Refried beans are an excellent ally for tacos.
7- Mexican corn salad.
8- As a drink, you can add American Pale Ale beer. It has a bitter taste and goes perfectly with the flavor of the spice.
Tacos al Pastor in English is also called the same. In conclusion, the Taste Atlas gastronomic guide considers Tacos al Pastor the best dish in the world. They are cheap and can be eaten any time of the day. It is highly nutritious due to the corn in the tortilla and its high protein content. It is a superb option to enjoy with friends or family.