The Huevos Rancheros are the easiest and tastiest breakfast. Sometimes, sleeping at night is not enough, and we stay a little longer in bed. We feel it so soft and warm. But duty calls, and we have to have breakfast. If you get up late, I suggest this dish. It will help you perfect skillet breakfasts. After all, cleaning will be easy. These Huevos Rancheros are also easy to prepare and can be enjoyed anytime, day or night. You can make it your own by adding crumbled bacon, sausage, or any bits of chicken or pork.
RECIPE FOR 8 PEOPLE
PREPARATION MINUTES: 5
COOKING TIME: 20 MINUTES
Huevos Rancheros Recipe
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 medium onions, finely chopped
6 garlic cubes, large and minced
2 (30-ounce) cans of pinto beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups homemade Verde or Rojo sauce or store-bought enchilada sauce
Salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper to taste
8 large eggs
1 cup grated Chihuahua Mexican cheese or other to melt
2 avocados, diced
1 cup of sour cream
2/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
2 cups homemade or store-bought salsa
2 lemons, cut into a wedge shape
1. First, go and preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Heat oil in the large cast iron skillet or oven over medium heat. When shiny, add onion and sauté, occasionally stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until translucent.the garlic, and continue cooking for 3 minutes or so.
3. Next, add the beans and sauce over low heat. Like any good chef, taste and season with salt and pepper so that, if necessary, you can add a little more of each thing. Stir constantly to combine.
4. Use a spoon to create 8 evenly spaced wells and crack an egg into each well. Continue cooking until the egg whites begin to cook and look solid. At this point, sprinkle with cheese and transfer to the oven (in case you used the pan). You cook until the whites are set, but the yolk remains runny. This process should take about 7 minutes or so.
5. Once our recipe is ready, you must remove from the oven each dish individually or serve it in a family-style dish. Garnish with avocados, sour cream, and cilantro. Then pass the sauce and lime wedges on top.
A tip: This dish is an ideal option for a late breakfast (almost lunchtime). Especially on Sundays, we can relax and get up a little later since preparing is not complicated. And if you want more relaxation, you can also serve it with a Michelada, a Mexican Coffee, or a Bloody Mary.
A change of environment is very favorable for our physical and mental health. Believe me when I tell you that this recipe will also help you in this regard. You will feel different and less stressed because you will not have to worry about lunch or dinner. Try the recipe that I leave here and enjoy your rest day.