Mexican Villa Enchilada Sauce Recipe
Mexican Villa Enchilada Sauce is a delicious and easy to make sauce that is perfect for enchiladas, tacos, burritos, and more. This sauce is made with a combination of tomatoes, onions, garlic, and spices, and is sure to add a flavorful kick to any dish. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner or a flavorful topping for your favorite Mexican dish, this sauce is sure to please.
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 onion, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
• 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, green chiles, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper.
4. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove from heat and let cool.
6. Transfer to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
7. Serve over enchiladas, tacos, burritos, or your favorite Mexican dish.
• For a spicier sauce, add more chili powder or diced jalapeños.
• For a creamier sauce, add a tablespoon of sour cream or cream cheese.
• This sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.