Mexican Style Chicken Stew
Mexican style chicken stew is a hearty and flavorful dish that is sure to please. This dish is made with chicken, tomatoes, peppers, onions, and spices, and is perfect for a cold winter night. The flavors of the stew are bold and complex, and the texture is creamy and comforting. This dish is sure to become a family favorite.
To make Mexican style chicken stew, you will need the following ingredients:
– 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 red bell pepper, diced
– 1 green bell pepper, diced
– 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
– 1 can of diced tomatoes
– 1 teaspoon of cumin
– 1 teaspoon of chili powder
– 1 teaspoon of oregano
– 1 teaspoon of paprika
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
– 1/2 cup of chicken broth
– 1/2 cup of heavy cream
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add the chicken cubes and cook until they are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the onion, garlic, bell peppers, and jalapeno pepper and cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the diced tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, oregano, paprika, salt, and black pepper and stir to combine.
5. Add the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Add the heavy cream and stir to combine.
8. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
9. Serve the stew with warm tortillas or over rice.
– For a spicier stew, add more jalapeno pepper or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
– For a thicker stew, add a tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with a tablespoon of cold water.
– For a vegetarian version, substitute the chicken with diced tofu or cooked beans.