Crockpot rooster tacos are the right simple weeknight meal. They’re full of taste, come out fork-tender, and, most significantly, are hassle-free! Simply throw all of the components into your crockpot, and also you’re completed.
These Crockpot rooster tacos are a straightforward dump-and-go meal that saves a lot time and is nice in your subsequent Taco Tuesday! The prep work is minimal, the components are simple to seek out at native grocery shops, and it’s largely hands-free.
If you wish to get artistic, you can even use this rooster for different meals!
The flexibility of this recipe is limitless, and I can’t wait to see how everybody enjoys this recipe!
Why Use A Crockpot?
Crockpot recipes are pretty much as good as gold! They save a lot time, make means fewer dishes within the kitchen, and are an virtually foolproof technique to completely prepare dinner any meal.
I most admire the peace of thoughts a superb gradual cooker recipe offers me, realizing that my household’s subsequent meal is taken care of. After I’m swamped, I don’t at all times have the time to continually keep watch over the stovetop or prep and put together a ton of components individually. With a crockpot, it’s so simple as tossing every part collectively, setting the temperature and prepare dinner time, and shutting the lid. It’s so easy!
- Rooster: I used boneless, skinless rooster breasts to maintain issues lighter, however you should utilize rooster thighs as an alternative for a richer and juicier taste.
- Tomatoes with inexperienced chiles: A 14.5-ounce can of diced tomatoes with inexperienced chiles will do the trick.
- Onion: A white onion helps add taste and cooks properly within the crockpot.
- Taco seasoning: I’m a giant fan of constructing your individual taco seasoning as an alternative of shopping for premade store-bought packets. It saves me cash in the long term and ensures that my seasoning mix is freed from fillers, preservatives, added sugar, or funky components typically discovered within the pre-made packets. The taco seasonings used on this recipe embrace garlic powder, ancho chili powder, chili powder, onion powder, kosher salt, floor cumin, and Mexican oregano.
Easy methods to Make Crockpot Rooster Tacos
Step 1: Place the rooster breasts into the gradual cooker and season with the taco seasoning combination.
Step 2: Add the diced onion and may of diced tomatoes with inexperienced chiles.
Step 3: Cowl and prepare dinner on low for six hours or on excessive for 4 hours till the rooster is fall-apart tender.
Step 4: Shred the rooster with two forks within the gradual cooker and stir along with all of the juices.
Step 5: Serve in warmed corn or flour tortillas for tacos, burritos, or nachos.
My favourite facet that pairs properly with crockpot rooster tacos is my genuine Mexican rice, however listed here are just a few different concepts to jazz up your weeknight meals:
- You should use rooster thighs as an alternative of rooster breasts in the event you desire.
- If you happen to don’t have ancho chili powder, double the quantity of normal chili powder.
- Make do-it-yourself corn tortillas or flour tortillas to make the final word at-home taco.
Beneficial Instruments and Components
- Crockpot. Each family wants a crockpot/gradual cooker, and that is the one which I desire.
- Mexican oregano. If you happen to need assistance monitoring down Mexican oregano, strive buying on-line.
Storing and Reheating
To retailer, place any leftover rooster into an hermetic container and refrigerate for 3-4 days.
To freeze, retailer your rooster in a freezer-safe container, press out all of the air, and shut. It may be stored frozen for as much as 3 months.
Images by Ashley McLaughlin.